Water pipes separated from water pipes in Water Works Bureau under the road and household water supply facilities are the property of the customer and are managed by the customer. （Yokohama-shi water supply regulations Article 17 Clause 1 (outside site))
Therefore, even if the amount of water measured by the water meter includes water leakage, the customer will be required to pay the water charge for the amount of water in principle.
However, water leakage from unexposed water pipes, such as underground or inside the walls of buildings, may be difficult to find even if the customer is always properly managed, and water charges for the amount of water including the water leakage, etc. May also be expensive.
For this reason, there is a system that allows you to reduce a part of the amount of water at the time of the meter reading, including the amount of water leakage, and receive a reduction in water rates, etc., only when certain standards are met. (Yokohama City Water Supply Ordinance Article 29, Paragraph 1, Item 3 (outside site), Ordinance Enforcement Regulations Article 20, Paragraph 1, Item 3 (outside site)
- Rather than reducing all the amount of water that is considered to have increased due to water leakage, customers will be required to bear some of the amount of water that is considered to have increased.
- This system does not support the cost of water leak repair.
After the fact of water leakage is found and the water leakage is repaired promptly, it will be applied by application from the customer.
What is the fact of water leakage?
It is a leak that occurs between the water meter and the faucet, and is caused by damage or failure of the water supply pipe and water supply equipment in the residential land. In addition, it is not based on the intention or negligence of the customer or third party.
About application period of reduction such as water rates with leak, we apply for meter reading month including leak.
Not applicable in the following cases:
- When the customer neglected to repair while knowing the fact that water was leaking.
- When water leaks due to damage caused by construction.
- When the amount of water used in the past is compared with the amount of water used for the month including the amount of water leakage, and the amount of water does not change.
- When water leaks from connected hoses or appliances due to carelessness such as forgetting to close the faucet.
- If the billed amount does not change even if the amount of water including the leak is reduced (in the basic fee) [To the structure of water rates]
- An aging pipe with a high frequency of water leakage, when water leakage occurs without performing replacement work after receiving guidance from Water Works Bureau Prefecture, and does not perform replacement work, causing water leakage.
Documents to be submitted
When it is repaired by the customer himself
For inquiries about water supply, please contact Water Works Bureau Customer Service Center.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (formerly Adobe Reader) is required to open PDF files.
If you do not have it, you can download it free of charge from Adobe.
To download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC