Reason why radioactive material came to be included in in sewage sludge destruction by fire ash
Diffuse radioactive material reaches the Yokohama-shi sky by atmospheric flow with Tokyo Electric Power The Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster and flows into sewage pipe by rain and reaches water reproduction center. We handle in water reproduction center and sludge exploitation of resources center, and sewage finally becomes sewage sludge destruction by fire ash. As radioactive material flowed into sewage pipe like the said article, radioactive material came to be included in sewage sludge destruction by fire ash. As for such phenomenon, the local government of neighborhood is in a similar situation, too.
About landfill disposal of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash
Past process of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash
- We announce landfill to Minamihonmoku landfill on September 9, 2011
- Confirmation safe about landfill of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash → We announce landfill after September 15
- We freeze landfill to Minamihonmoku landfill on September 14, 2011
- Till as explanation was inadequate for people concerned, give enough explanations, landfill "freeze"
- The explanation situation to citizen, the person concerned
- Using information which explained contents of "safe evaluation examination book about landfill of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash to management type disposal ground" clearly, we explained to citizen, the person concerned.
- We suggested and explained future correspondence plan of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash in various places of citizen, the person concerned in September, 2013.
Oh, as the first stage, we utilize when we make occurring destruction by fire ash land of disposal ground every day and examine landfill
About destruction by fire ash which has already kept i in the sewer facility, we examine the future handling
We promote utilization as resources in cormorant lower water sludge sequentially
(we follow clearance level (100 becquerels/kg or less) surely, and exploitation of resources as use of improved soil plans exploitation of resources sequentially.)
- We start exploitation of resources as construction material in addition to exploitation of resources as past improved Hijiwara charges in July, 2014.
- We carry out examination landfill in Minamihonmoku refuse landfill of mixed ash which mixed garbage main ash and sewage sludge destruction by fire ash of Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau for from February to March in 2015.
- We start landfill by method like examination landfill in July, 2015.
- We finish landfill in Minamihonmoku refuse landfill in September, 2017.
Change of the storage situation and the radiological density of destruction by fire ash
The storage situation of the present and past sewage sludge destruction by fire ash is as follows.
The storage situation (PDF: 847KB) of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash
The storage situation of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash approached to about 38,000 tons in the south, northern part sludge exploitation of resources center at peak hour, but disposal advances and gradually decreases. However, it is in a situation that we cannot but put in the hall and influences facility administration.
On the other hand, the radiological density of sewage sludge destruction by fire ash decreases to about 1 per 50 in comparison with the beginning of storage start.
The radiological density of sewage sludge
It is result of a measurement of radioactive material levels of inflow sewage, discharge water, dewatering sludge, sludge destruction by fire ash, improvement soil in Motoichi sewer facility and inning disposal mixture ash in Minamihonmoku refuse landfill.
- Inflow sewage, discharge water
- Dewatering sludge, sludge destruction by fire ash, improved soil
Unit (becquerel /kg)
|Name||Northern sludge exploitation of resources center||Southern sludge exploitation of resources center|
Sludge destruction by fire ash
Sludge destruction by fire ash
|Cesium 134||The non-detection||The non-detection||The non-detection||The non-detection||The non-detection|
※We show that it is less than fixed-quantity lower limit level with the non-detection.
※About iodine 131, we began the measurement for index to confirm influence of nuclear plant accident, but, based on half-value period of iodine 131 having already passed more than three years for 8th, we remove from measurement item from September 1, 2014 and itemize 2 of cesium 134 and cesium-137.
In addition, sludge destruction by fire ash keeps in the northern part and site of southern sludge exploitation of resources center.
- Inning disposal mixture ash
We carried out examination landfill in Minamihonmoku refuse landfill of mixed ash which mixed garbage main ash and sludge destruction by fire ash of Resources and Waste Recycling Bureau for from February, 2015 to March. We confirmed safety by examination landfill and carried out landfill from July, 2015 to September, 2017 as air dose and radioactive material concentration were able to confirm security afterwards without abnormality being recognized.
Unit (becquerel /kg)
|Date||September 15, 2017|
|Mixed ash cesium concentration||83.5|
- Past radioactive material concentration data PDF (PDF: 63KB) excel (Excel: 50KB)
- As we fill up in September, 2017 and finished disposal, about inning disposal mixture ash, there will not be update in future.
Space emission dose rate of site border
Unit (in microsievert/)
|Name||The east side||The west||The south side||The north side||The measurement day|
|Northern sludge exploitation of resources center (Suehirocho, Tsurumi-ku)||0.05||0.05||0.05||0.06|
|Southern sludge exploitation of resources center (Sachiura, Kanazawa-ku)|
※We measure at point of 1 meter in height from ground
Radioactive material concentration in effluent gas
It was the non-detection about effluent gas.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC