It is the top of this page

Student payment exception

Last update date March 11, 2019

Downloading (the outside site) of student payment exception application style

Student payment exception system

Student joins National Pension Plan (Kokumin Nenkin) if you become 20 years old and, as a general rule, must pay premium. However, "student payment exception system" is established about payment of premium as student generally has many cases without income.
It is handled as student payment exception as follows during approved period. Application needs procedure in, ward office National Pension Plan Section.

  1. When we demand disability pension, survivor's pension, we have been paid and become handling same as period.
  2. When we demand old-age pension, it is included during "recipient qualification period" (we need for at least ten years), but does not reflect to the amount of pension .
  3. We can pay premium until ten years (e.g., for April, 2008 calls this "extra payment" until the end of April, 2018). We reflect to the amount of pension of old-age pension if we do "extra payment" (the addition is simply premium at the time after eyes in 2003).

Student who is targeted for student payment exception

When it is student of high school prescribed in School Education Act, student or other students of university or student that become a target of student payment exception and corresponds to any of the following.

  1. When income of student is sum to establish in cabinet ordinance or less according to the number of support relatives
    ※When there are not support relatives, sum to establish in cabinet ordinance is 1.18 million yen (support relatives are added once)
  2. When person insured or people in household receive aid except livelihood assistance by National Assistance Act or support (aid, support such as education, house, medical care) equivalent to this
  3. When it is person with a disability fixing for Local Tax Law or widow, and annual income is 1.25 million yen or less
  4. When it corresponds to reason to establish in natural disaster, other public welfare departmental orders, and it is remarkably difficult to pay premium

It was limited to some vocational schools set in Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare ordinance individually until now, but, about vocational school targeted for this system, range of vocational school was enlarged from April, 2005 (limited to person registered at courses one year or more.) .
In addition, it is Japanese branch school of overseas university located in the country and is for registered at course that the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology appointed individually.

When we make nonpayment without going through the procedure…

  1. When disorder remains for disease and injury, we cannot receive Disability Basic Pension.
  2. When it is past two years as nonpayment, we cannot put by statute of limitations.

Thing necessary for procedure

  1. Student identification card (possible copy)
  2. Pension book
  3. Documents that the reason concerned understands when it becomes student after resigning from companies, and it is difficult we correspond to reason to establish in the public welfare departmental order, and to put premium

※When substitution is applied for, as a general rule, proxy is necessary.
But when family (family nurturer and spouse, relative of living together) is applied for,

  1. Of identity verification of person who can come to window can do it (driver's license or health insurance card)
  2. Private seal of person who is going to receive payment exception

By having two points mentioned above in addition, procedure is possible.

Inquiry about procedure

Please refer to ward office Insurance and Pension Division National Pension Plan Section of ward to live.

Contact information in charge of each ward office Insurance and Pension Division National Pension Plan (Kokumin Nenkin)
Ward officePhone numberFax
Tsurumi Ward045-510-1802045-510-1898
Kanagawa Ward045-411-7121045-411-7088
Nishi Ward045-320-8421045-322-2183
Naka Ward045-224-8311045-224-8309
Minami Ward045-341-1129045-341-1131
Konan Ward045-847-8421045-845-8413
Hodogaya Ward045-334-6332045-334-6334
Asahi Ward045-954-6131045-954-5784
Isogo Ward045-750-2421045-750-2544
Kanazawa Ward045-788-7831045-788-0328
Kohoku Ward045-540-2346045-540-2355
Midori Ward045-930-2337045-930-2347
Aoba Ward045-978-2331045-978-2417
Tsuzuki Ward  045-948-2331045-948-2339
Totsuka Ward045-866-8441045-866-8419
Sakae Ward045-894-8421045-895-0115
Izumi Ward045-800-2421045-800-2512
Seya Ward045-367-5721045-362-2420

Inquiry to this page

Health and Social Welfare Bureau life Welfare Division Insurance and Pension Division

Telephone: 045-671-2418

Telephone: 045-671-2418

Fax: 045-664-0403

E-Mail address [email protected]

Return to the previous page

Page ID: 234-794-589

We come back to the top