About special green space conservation district system
The Special Green Space Conservation Area System is a system that permanently preserves cohesive green spaces in cities and maintains a green city environment based on the Urban Green Space Law. As of February 15, 2021, 170 districts (approximately 514.3ha) (PDF: 238KB) have been designated.
Urban Green Space Law (Act No. 72 of September 1973, recently revised Law No. 67 of June 27, 2018 enforced on September 25, 2018)
Special Green Space Conservation Area Designation Requirements
- Those with appropriate positions, scales and forms as blocking areas, buffer zones or evacuation zones necessary to prevent disorderly urban areas, prevent pollution or disasters, etc.
- Buildings and archeological sites such as shrines and temples, archeological sites, etc., or those that have traditional or cultural significance in the area in connection with tradition or customs.
- Those that fall under any of the following and are necessary to secure a healthy living environment for residents in the area
- Scenic or scenic beauty.
- It must be properly preserved as a habitat or habitat for animals and plants.
In Yokohama-shi, we make city planning decision about cohesive green tract of land more than 1,000 square meters corresponding to any of these requirements after having received consent of special green tract of land maintenance district designation from landowner, We are promoting designation.
Suburban Green Area Special Conservation Area System
The Suburban Green Space Special Conservation Area System is a system that permanently preserves large-scale forest land with a particularly good natural environment in the suburban Green Space Conservation Area based on the "Metropolitan Area Green Space Conservation Law". As of March 25, 2020, three districts (approximately 201.6ha) (PDF: 89KB) have been designated.
The suburban green area conservation area is the one designated by the government as a major green area on a metropolitan area scale. The suburban green space conservation area in Yokohama is one area of "Enkaiyama / Kita-Kamakura suburban green space conservation area".
Suburban Green Space Conservation Law (Law No. 101 of June 1966, recently revised Law No. 26 of May 12, 2017)
Designated conditions in the suburban green area special conservation area
In the suburban green space conservation area
- Significant effects of maintaining and promoting the healthy mind and body of the residents of the capital and surrounding areas obtained by establishing a city plan for the suburban green space special conservation area, or preventing pollution or disasters in these areas.
- Having a particularly good natural environment.
In Yokohama-shi, we make city planning decision and designate about land corresponding to such conditions after having received consent of suburban green tract of land special maintenance district designation from landowner.
Preferential treatment for landowners (common to special green area conservation area and suburban green area special conservation area)
- The property tax valuation is up to 1/2.
- In the case of forests and wilderness, the valuation of inheritance tax and gift tax will be reduced by 80%.
- When act permission application in special green tract of land maintenance district becomes non-permission, and it significantly interferes with the use of the land, we can apply for purchase to city.
- When selling to Yokohama City, special deductions may be received for transfer income up to 20 million yen.
Management form (common to special green area conservation area and suburban green area special conservation area)
The designated area should be preserved as it is in the current green space. As a general rule, it will be managed by the landowner.
Restrictions on acts (common to special green area conservation areas and suburban green area special conservation areas)
In the designated area, acts that affect forests are prohibited in principle.
For more information
Contact Information and Phone number
|Environmental Planning Bureau Green Up Promotion Department Green Space Conservation Promotion Section: 045-671-3534 (Representative)|
Management and Operation
|Northern Park Green Space Office: 045-353-1166 (Representative) <Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Hodogaya, Asahi, Kohoku, Midori, Aoba, Tsuzuki Ward >|
|Southern Park Green Space Office: 045-831-8484 (Representative) <Naka, Minami, Konan, Isoko, Tozuka, Izumi, Sakae, Kanazawa, Seya Ward|