Services for people with visual impairments
At the library, transliterators read out the materials they want. Advance reservations are required for use.
Please contact the library you want to use face-to-face reading directly.
(See list of Yokohama City Library)
※At present, we have partially changed the operation of the service from the viewpoint of preventing the new coronavirus infection. For more information, please contact the library you want to use face-to-face reading directly.
Information on face-to-face reading services for visually impaired people who connect homes and libraries online
In Chuo-toshokan City will start a face-to-face reading service (online face-to-face reading) using a new remote communication app on March 24, 2021 (Wednesday), in addition to the visit-type face-to-face reading.
Applicable to those who fall under all of the following.
・Those who live, work or attend school in Yokohama
・Those who have been issued a certificate of the physically disabled due to visual impairment
・Person who owns terminal (smartphone, PC) which can use remote communication application
2. Implementation method
・In Chuo-toshokan transliterators read the desired book materials (excluding private communication) using Zoom, etc., a remote communication application.
・Users do not need to visit the museum because they can listen to readings at home.
・It can be used up to 3 hours at a time (within opening hours).
・We also provide consultation to users who are worried about using the remote communication application.
・The communication fee for use will be borne by the user.
3. How to apply
・You need to apply in advance.
・When applying, please inform the person in charge that you wish to read online face-to-face.
Call (Phone number: 045-250-1619) and e-mail to Chuo-toshokan 50-1619) and e-mail address (e ：
You can apply for face-to-face reading from ky-l[email protected]y.yokohama.jp) or the electronic application page (outside site).
Rental of recording materials and Braille materials
We rent recording materials and Braille materials. We will deliver it to your home from Chuo-toshokan.
- Prior registration is required for face-to-face reading and lending of recording and Braille materials. Registration is accepted at each library.
- You can register if you live, attend, or work in Yokohama, and have been issued a certificate of the physically disabled due to visual impairment.
- When registering, in addition to your name and Address will confirm the classification and grade of the certificate of the physically disabled.
- You can also apply for registration and lending of materials by e-mail.
Chuo-toshokan Services for the Visually I
In Chuo-toshokan can use an enlarged reading device and a DAISY (daisy) play recorder.
For those who need writing
A writing board is available at each library counter. Please feel free to offer your writing.
For those who have difficulty reading small letters, each library has a large print book and an enlarged reading device.
Services for people with physical and mental disabilities
Delivery and lending of books and magazines
For those who have physical or mental disabilities and have difficulty visiting the library, we will rent and deliver books and magazines.
- Prior use registration is required to use the delivery rental. We accept in Chuo-toshokan is accepting
- You can register if you live, attend, or work in Yokohama City, and have received any of the certificate of the physically handicapped, the nursing certificate (love certificate), or the health and welfare certificate for the mentally handicapped.
- When registering, in addition to your name and Address, will check the classification and grade of the Handbook for Persons with Disabilities.
- It cannot be used together with lending at each library window (even those who already have a library card can no longer borrow books at the counter).
- If you have already registered, call Chuo-toshokanPhone number 1619) and e-mail (e-mail address: e-mail address) for those who have already registered.ky-[email protected]), orElectronic application page (outside site)You can apply for the materials you want to borrow from.
Points to note when using the electronic application and notification services
The electronic application and notification service will be suspended for system maintenance from 8:00 pm on the second and last Wednesdays to 8:00 the following morning.
Please use telephone or e-mail to apply for the materials you wish to borrow for delivery during this period.
In addition, from Thursday, March 29, 2018, use from mobile phones (feature phone 4.4 and iOS4 or earlier) will not be able to use it from Thursday, March 29, 2018 to enhance the security of the electronic application and notification system. I am.
Notice of registration update
You will need to renew your registration for those who have been registered for delivery lending for more than 5 years.
Q1 When is my registration renewal time?
A1 A notice will be enclosed at the time of book delivery three months before the expiration date.
Q2 How do I renew my registration?
Please apply to A2 Chuo-toshokan, please. We accept applications at the counter, telephone, e-mail and fax.
Please let us know your name, date of birth, Address,Phone number, please let us know.
We will check one of the certificate of the physically handicapped, the nursing certificate (love certificate), and the health and welfare certificate for the mentally handicapped. If you apply at the counter, please present it. For other applications, please send a copy of your notebook (a page that shows your name, date of birth, Address, Phone number's classification and grade of your notebook) to Chuo-toshokan.
After the procedure is completed, we will deliver the books.
※ If you would like to apply at a library window in each ward other than Chuo-toshokan City, please contact Chuo-toshokan.
If you have any questions, please contact Chuo-toshokan service section person with a disability support project charge if you