News from Consumer Affairs Agency
Please be careful about accidents taking a bath of elderly person occurring frequently in the winter season!
After analyzing vital statistics, the number of the drowned people in domestic bathtub rises about 70% in 11 years and becomes 4,804 people in 2015. Elderly person (65 years or older) occupies about 90% soon, and elderly person requires attention in particular. Death by accident taking a bath including drowning is 1,442 in 23 wards of Tokyo in 2014, and tendency that occurs a lot in the winter season is seen. In the past, the immediate death toll taking a bath has been estimated at about 19,000 people.
Let's be careful about the following points to take a bath safely.
(1) Let's warm dressing room and bathroom before bathing.
(2) yuon is 41 degrees or less, and ten minutes will be used as an indication at time to soak in hot water.
(3) It will prevent you from standing up suddenly from bathtub.
(4) Also, let's refrain from immediate bathing after a meal until alcohol falls out.
(5) As bathing is dangerous, let's be careful after taking tranquilizer, sleeping drug.
(6) One calling, housemate will call bather to housemate before taking a bath when bathing time is longer.
The details of news such as Consumer Affairs Agency homepages
Please be careful about accidents taking a bath of elderly person occurring frequently in the winter season! (Consumer Affairs Agency) (PDF: 193KB)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC