Let's be careful about enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli infectious diseases!
Let's be careful about next to prevent infectious disease, food poisoning due to enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli. In addition, binding medicine, please consult the early nearest medical institution when there is symptom that enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli infectious diseases such as frequent water-like flight, intense abdominal pain, remarkable blood in stool are doubted without taking.
- After having touched animal before meal after restroom, at the time of return, we wash hand with soap during before cooking and cooking well.
- When you eat vegetables raw, wash well. As weak person of resistance including child in particular and the elderly might become seriously ill, we sterilize, and attention is necessary.
- Food heats up well. With care to meat in particular, we heat up to center more than 75 degrees Celsius one minute.
- We wash kitchen utensil with detergent at every use well (we sterilize in bleaching agent for boiling water and kitchen).
- We distribute any place other than that that cutting board and chopsticks deal with uncooked meat.
About enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli infectious disease (O-157 epidemic)
We say thing which enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli produces toxin among Escherichia coli, and causes enteritis and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) with bleeding. Other than "O-157 epidemic", "O26" or "O111" are known.
Infected person about 4,000 a year is reported in enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli infectious disease in the whole country.
The number of the reports of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli infectious disease in Yokohama-shi was 125 people in 129 people, 2018 in 92 people, 2017 in 2016. As you occur frequently for from June to October with high temperature in usual, please be careful. (please confirm the latest information in Yokohama City Inst. of Health homepage infectious disease development situation (all quantity information, three kinds of infectious diseases).)
In many cases, we put latency period of about 3-5 days, and symptoms such as frequent water-like flights appear. With more intense abdominal pain, it may become remarkable blood in stool. (there is not symptom at all and may terminate only in light abdominal pain and diarrhea.)
Serious complications including hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) and brain fever may develop.
Please receive medical examination, instructions of doctor early without taking binding medicine by own judgment at the time of diarrhea.
- We take in polluted food and drink to bacteria (there are many examples suspected that it is caused by raw liver, uncooked meat such as yukhoe and meat of heating insufficiency)
- We eat polluted thing with feces of patient (secondary infection)
- We are infected toward contact with infected animal (there are many rumination animals such as beef)
- We are infected from well water or water of pool polluted by bacteria
- Infant and elderly person are easy to appear and are easy to be aggravated
- Latency period is long (on 2-14 days, average 3-5 days)
- We are poor at heat (we perish in heating of 75 degrees Celsius one minute)
- After having touched animal before meal after restroom, at the time of return, we wash hand with soap during before cooking and cooking well
- We wash food well and use fresh materials
- Food heats up well (child and elderly person require attention in particular)
- With care to meat in particular, we heat up to center more than 75 degrees Celsius one minute
※Heating enough for at the age of yakiniku or barbecue!
- We wash kitchen utensil with detergent at every use well (we sterilize in bleaching agent for boiling water and kitchen)
- We distribute any place other than that that cutting board and chopsticks deal with uncooked meat
We are placed as three kinds of infectious diseases with it is "law (Infectious Disease Law) about medical care for the patients with prevention of infectious disease and infectious disease" and have a duty to report doctor who examined patient (including asymptomatic bacteria carrier) to the nearest Health and Welfare Center length (health director). Health and Welfare Center (public health center) in response to report investigates patient and patient and contact which there was to check outbreak situation and cause, having expansion or not of infection.
Employment to duties that patient handles food and drink may be limited.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC