About Ebola hemorrhagic fever
- Ebola hemorrhagic fever is infection very with high case fatality rate with Ebola virus.
- When we touched body fluid of patient whom symptom is given to without protection that is enough for (blood, secretion, vomitus, excrement), we infect as virus invades from wound and mucous membrane.
We are infected from wild animal in plague spot. Generally, we are not infected from patient without symptom. There is not air infection, too.
- After the incubation period of 2-21 days (usually 7-10 days), symptoms such as sudden fever, headache, lassitude, muscular pain, throat come out when infected with Ebola virus.
Then, symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, chest pain, bleeding (vomiting of blood, bloody bowel discharge) appear.
- We will perform treatment (symptomatic treatment) depending on symptom of patient now as there are not vaccine for Ebola hemorrhagic fever and specific cure.
- After March, 2014, the large-scale fashion was generated in Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Mali, Nigeria in western Africa.
- When it is necessary to make a voyage to outbreak area, it confirms the local fashion situation on homepages of overseas safe information of Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare quarantine station and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and it examines right or wrong of travel, and it is important out of necessity to perform basic hygiene measures (we avoid contact with patient and animal washing hand) surely.
Definition of Ebola hemorrhagic fever analogous case of a disease patient
When we correspond to next (1) and (2), we become Ebola hemorrhagic fever analogous case of a disease patient.
(1) Symptom (next a or i) to doubt Ebola hemorrhagic fever analogous case of a disease patient
Oh, fever 38 degrees Celsius or more
Other clinical manifestations (vomiting, diarrhea, shokuomoifushin, general malaise) to doubt iebora hemorrhagic fever
(2) Person (next a or i) with a history of contact with patients with Ebola hemorrhagic fever
Oh, it is contact careers with (blood, body fluid, vomit and excreta, excrement) such as body fluid of patients with Ebola hemorrhagic fever (we include doubt patient.) within 21 days
There is (having infection precaution or not does not matter.).
Local Ebola hemorrhagic fever development within I-21 day ※There is contact career such as coming into contact with bat, primate of origin by hand directly.
※ Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Uganda, Sudan, Gabon, Cote d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of the Congo
To all of the medical institutions
Case definitions of Ebola hemorrhagic fever analogous case of a disease patient are as follows about notice for each medical institution from Motoichi.
About correspondence that assumed domestic outbreak of Ebola hemorrhagic fever and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) (request) (PDF: 429KB)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC