About Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)
- MERS is infectious disease confirmed for infection with MERS coronavirus for the first time in 2012.
- Infection course…We have not known how people are infected with MERS exactly yet. It is said that Arabian camel is one of the source of infection animals of MERS virus. On the other hand, there are many people without contact career with animal and is included in patient. Infection between close contacts including families and patients in medical institution that conduct of infection measures is insufficient, patient - healthcare workers is reported.
- Latency period, symptom…After latency period of around 2-14 days, most patients have pneumonia for fever and acute severe respiratory symptom. It is said that mild patient and views may be atypical among them.
- Cure…There are no vaccine for MERS and specific cure now. It becomes treatment (symptomatic treatment) depending on symptom of patient.
- The prevention…It confirms the trendy situation in travel at the time of foreign tour, and it avoids contact with enforcement and animal of hand-washing, and it is important to keep general hygiene measures in mind.
At first, please consult about the following corresponding to symptom and patient background to Health and Welfare Center Health and Welfare Division Health Promotion Section of each ward or Yokohama-shi public health center health security section health Risk Management Subdivision (TEL: 045-671-2463 FAX: 045-664-7296) on the telephone without consulting medical institution directly.
※Each ward Health and Welfare Center contact information of the night, holiday or Yokohama-shi public health center infectious disease food poisoning emergency call dial expectation, please contact as follows any place other than the business hours in emergency such as applicable cases on weekdays.
Symptom and patient background
|A. Person that it presents acute respiratory symptom with fever 38 degrees or more and a cough, and the radiographically clinical or real lungs lesion (e.g.,: pneumonia or ARDS) is doubted
||We made a voyage to prediction areas (※) within 14 days before onset or lived
|i. Person with acute respiratory symptom (we include mild case.) with fever
Within 14 days before onset in prediction areas (※),
・We had a medical examination or visited medical institution
・Thing with a history of contact with person that it was decided to be MERS
・Thing with a history of close contact with Arabian camel
|Cormorant. Person with fever or acute respiratory symptom (we include mild case.)
Within 14 days before onset, is it prediction areas?
・We examined patient that MERS was doubted and we nursed or cared (note)
・We made living together (we include case that stayed in sickroom where the patient concerned is admitted to or ward.) with patient that MERS was doubted
・We touched pollutants such as the respiratory tract secreting fluid of patient that MERS was doubted or body fluid directly
※Prediction areas: The Arabian Peninsula or the neighboring nations
(United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, at Jordanian (June 11))
"Medical examination, nursing or thing which we cared" for is healthcare worker or caretaker and does note with person with patient and opportunity to touch by medical examination, nursing or care in the medical institutions routinely. "Contact" of this case means that distance (2 meters is used as an indication.) that can talk in meeting needs and is not only by slight contact to merely pass each other. In addition, person who wore standard infection protector (when possibility of surgical-style mask (aerosol generating is thought about N95 mask), gloves, protector, gown of eyes) appropriately is not included in this even if it is healthcare workers.
To all of the medical institutions
When there is suspected case corresponding to report standard of MERS, please talk on the telephone promptly to public health center (emergency call dial).
[emergency call dial]
Yokohama-shi public health center health security section health Risk Management Subdivision
Telephone: 045-671-2463 (weekdays 8:30-17:15)
045-664-7293 ※(the overtime mentioned above: emergency call dial)
※The contact information mentioned above becomes for emergency on holiday by night.
When there is not emergency, you are not expected.
It is notice for each medical institution from Motoichi
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC