We deleted the collection, personal information for utilization to medical policy as much as possible, and YoMDB (Yokohama Original Medical Data Base) compiled medical receipt data which Motoichi held into a database (it operates from March, 2018).
Object: National Health Insurance, medical system for elder senior citizens, receipt data (after April, 2014) of medical aid
※In single age minute the number of data more than 30 million cases
※We cover 35% of citizens (75 years or older covers nearly 100%)
Figure of YoMDB image
Toward solution to Year 2025 Problem, we grasp the actual situation from medical care big data analysis about cancer measures, mild care, measures (stroke, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental disease) of 5 other illness, problem in various medical care policies including enhancement of at-home medical treatment and draw up concrete measure.
Result of analysis using YoMDB
The future estimation (PDF: 257KB) of home medical care demand
We analyzed the use situation of home medical care using YoMDB and by crossing there population prediction in the future of Yokohama-shi, estimated in the future of home medical care demand. As a result, it was revealed that demand doubled about two by the next 20 years.
In addition, treatise which settled result was published in international magazine in November, 2018.
Analysis (PDF: 1,462KB) of cancer at-home terminal care patient
From viewpoint of actual situation and prospects EBPM of at-home mild care in Yokohama-shi that saw from medical big data (PDF: 2,734KB)
Among patients with cancer, we analyzed about person who received at home terminal care. In this way, about at-home terminal care patient, we knew the actual situation such as the number of times of urgent house call. In addition, it became clear about duration of survival after at-home shift.
We announced at the second Japanese clinical epidemiology society and the 61st Japan gynecology tumor association arts and sciences lecture that this result was performed in September, 2018 performed in July, 2019.
Using NDB (receipt information, specific physical checkup information database) which was masterpiece of medical big data, we gathered result that analyzed the actual situation of cancer treatment in the city medical institution as report. We performed analysis in cooperation with Yokohama City University.
Summaries of analysis summary report are as follows.
Using NDB data, we analyzed about patient who received treatment (medical therapy, operative treatment, radiotherapy) of cancer with medical institution in the city for from April, 2014 to March, 2016.
- About 52,000 people a year were treated for cancer with the city medical institution.
- In working generations woman of man was 2 times more than, and was treated. In addition, in elderly people man of woman was 1.5 times more than, and was treated.
- In the treatment of cancer, 70% near patient received medical therapy.
- Patient nearly 70% received chemotherapy at 80 years or older.
- As for month, the dosage frequency, 85% of patients were lower than twice per month for an average of about 4.5 periods when we received foreign chemotherapy.
- In generations that acted, we needed an average of 13.8 times of going to hospital per year as the going to hospital actual situation of patients with cancer which received foreign chemotherapy.
In addition, patient that patient who visited a hospital for treatment ten times a year or more visited a hospital for treatment 74%, 20 times a year or more was 18%.
Consideration of analysis
- Exhaustive analysis that narrowed down focus to patient treated for cancer clarified the actual situation of patient who coped with medical institution in the city at new cut end for the first time.
- There were more ratios of patient who received chemotherapy than operative treatment and radiation therapy, and it was revealed that role of chemotherapy was big in the cancer treatment.
- It can be flexible system basics data for work and coexistence of treatment that are important to design.
- About mild care, we did not include general ward and at-home data and did not lead to grasp of the actual situation.
Press release material (PDF: 549KB)
Report summary (PDF: 4,220KB)
Report (PDF: 6,366KB)
Inquiry, contact about study
In addition, it is not necessary to obtain consent from by one of medical treatment information to be for based on guideline that country set about studies to use only for information without invasion and intervention like medical big data analysis directly, but it is necessary to release information about conduct including purposes such as studies.
If there are any unclear points, consultation, please contact following inquiry, consultation counter.
Inquiry, contact information about study: Medical policy section Information Planning charge (045-671-2993)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (old Adobe Reader) is necessary to open file of Portable Document Format.
Person who does not have can download free of charge from Adobe company.
To downloading of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC