We will hold a town development training for welfare in 2020!
In this training, while checking how to use barrier-free facilities for persons with disabilities, through fieldwork with the visually impaired, wheelchair experience, and lectures by persons with disabilities, they learned about the positions of the elderly and the disabled, The purpose is to make use of the viewpoints of awareness obtained from the daily work, such as planning and designing town development.
Why don't you improve the sense of "welfare town development" that you can't understand just by reading the manual?
Lectures on welfare town development, toilet seminars, lectures on persons with disabilities, wheelchair experiences, fieldwork with the visually impaired, case studies, etc.
First: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 from 9:15 am to 5:15 pm
Second: Thursday, October 29, 2020 from 9:15 am to 5:15 pm
The contents of the training are the same for both days.
Sangyo Boeki Cebter Bldg. B102 Room (1st basement floor, Sangyo Boeki Cebter Bldg.-ku
How to apply (Application has been closed)
To application page (outside site)
About 20 people (10 people each time) (If there are many applicants, it will be a lottery.)
Friday, September 18, 2020
In addition, we send notice of student decision by Friday, October 2.
Training guide (PDF version) (PDF: 472KB)
Training guide (Word version) (word: 14KB)
- toilet seminar
In the morning toilet seminar, we will explain the points of consideration in toilet design. We introduce how people with disabilities actually use the toilet.
- Lecture on Persons with Disabilities
In the lecture on persons with disabilities, we will ask the instructor of the persons with disabilities about the characteristics of visual impairment, rectum and bladder dysfunction (colostomy and artificial bladder builder), and points to note when maintenance. Take this opportunity to ask questions that you can't usually hear directly.
- Fieldwork for the visually impaired
It's time to experience from the afternoon. In field work with the visually impaired, the instructor of the visually impaired will demonstrate how to use the block for guiding the visually impaired and how to cross the pedestrian crossing, and will also experience using a white cane. You can understand desirable maintenance and trouble maintenance for the visually impaired.
- Wheelchair experience
In the wheelchair experience, you will learn how to operate the wheelchair, and actually drive yourself to experience differences in indoor and outdoor floors, vertical slopes of slopes, and how to use facilities in the toilet. Through the experience, you can feel the meaning of the maintenance standards and the necessity of the numerical values and specifications set by the standards.
- Case Study
In case studies, the group examines and presents case issues and improvement plans. Based on what I learned through the experience, I think about what "desirable maintenance" is for the elderly and the disabled.
About new coronavirus infectious disease measures
- The number of applicants will be held in half of the average year.
- Use a venue with enough capacity for the number of participants.
- We will install alcohol for hand disinfection.
- Please wear a mask during the training.
Impressions from students (some excerpts)
- It was a very interesting and helpful training. I think it is a compulsory training for staff who design and supervise construction. (Head of landscaping staff)
- Until now, I didn't know how the guide block was used, so I learned a lot. (Civil engineering staff of Motoichi)
- It was good to be able to experience what you could not understand on the drawing, such as opening and closing slopes and doors. I was surprised to see the gradients and steps more tight than I imagined. (Clerical staff of Motoichi)
- I realized the dimensions and the necessity of equipment that had been treated as items of the ordinance. I feel like I'm seeing things. I want to make use of this awareness in my design. (Main City architect staff)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (formerly Adobe Reader) is required to open PDF files.
If you do not have it, you can download it free of charge from Adobe.
To download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC