From daigoshosokakeri keno way along Nagatani River
Seven Ujinao Hojo building trace and patrol mound
Enlarged picture (image: 49KB)
We say the shape of a tongue plateau that enters the Nagatani area, and presses the left hand for flat doorway of Route 1 soon in this Shiroyama (map 6). It is place that Ujinao Hojo set up palace. Here, canal and dried foss which used fieldwork leave remains of an ancient structure in flatland of plateau. In addition, battle seemed to be in he direct no era in this neighborhood, and koteriimmeihenji was built for memorial service of person killed in action in 1622 (Genna 8). It is worked as Shuzo in the Kanei era year, and Otsu who was vassal of rear Hojo further rebuilds temple in 1732 (Kyoho 17). From place where meaning "that Ujinao Hojo builds hall (pleasure boat) of trip, and was stationed to billboard announcing a framework-raising ceremony of this time in army in here." is written down in, it is thought here with hitaburuji of megurikenji.
Seridani River (map 7) and flat Togawa functioned as double moat in wartime defense, and this hill did natural fortress among western Nagatani river and wide ill-drained paddies. In the evidence, there is survival of stone pagodas such as this five-ring tower or takara*into having characteristic of the Kamakura era near by, and it is imagined that we have already used here as fort from this time.
When the Kashio River basin which was damp area entered for the age of civil strife in the Kamakura era, we went along this neighborhood where Tokaido was near when Shingen Takeda invaded and attacked again from Musashi, Sagami for (1569) for 12 years in 1561 (Eiroku 4), and Kenshin Uesugi left for Odawara, but, in this Shiroyama where sweep of the eye could look around Tokaido, it was in base important in this time as patrol mound. "Tayu Hill" (map 8) may be trace to remember ryoshujosugijokoku of Nagatani who was Daisuke Osakabe (husband) in slope climbing from Shimonagaya bus stop to this Shiroyama, too. There was the House of guardian deity of children trace with this hall sign when we climbed small stone stairway of Western 6-6, Shimonagaya that we sandwiched according to bus, and there was tower in the twenty-third night in the lunar calendar said to have been stone Buddhist statue which was the most beautiful in ward that was erected there in 1670 (Kanbun 10). By construction of ringed two road, we move to Mitsuyasu temple of Hirado, Totsuka-ku-cho now.
"Topographical record of what the roadside to ask" for (revised edition) was issued in October, 1999 by editing of "history society of Konan".