From daigoshosokakeri keno way along Nagatani River
Remains of six lord mansions
Enlarged picture (image: 49KB)
Along way toward Hannyaji Bridge from Nagatani out of bus stop, there are prefectural Nagatani High School (map 4) and Nagatani district center (map 5) on the east side. There were the remains of lord mansion in this hill whole area, and, and between August, 1981 ahead of development and August, 1959, excavation was carried out by 1, Otsu man and the Japanese Archaeological Association Sato plan flat o center that were Chairperson history society of Konan and "the remains of lord mansion trace group excavation investigating group" which did and Tamagawa cultural assets research institute.
As a result, moat colony with scale that was eminent in Yokohama city limits and grave ten where was in the latter half of Yayoi period about 1,700 years called tomb surrounded by a square moat ago were discovered and attracted attention from various quarters. As for house trace, it was recognized 15 houses out of 28 houses, circular moat in circular moat and was further discovered stone implement and sherd early from days of creation to Jomon period about 10,000 years ago a lot. About result of investigation, we are listed in "the remains of lord mansion group excavation summary" editing Sato, Otsu both of them in detail. In addition, house trace and well from Middle Ages to the early modern times were discovered, too. Stone tablet with a Buddhist text stored in Otsu's house adjacent to remains is thing of 1329 (Gentoku 1), and we excavated, and Eiraku current coins of five-ring tower, takara*into, kawarake, white porcelain piece, Sung coin, light money in the Muromachi era are detected by excavation a lot in remains from the Kamakura era by current situation saved Yahata Corporation trace.
The place name of "lord mansion" shifts the position if we guess from tradition to remain in kyusochodaitsuka and ancient documents that defense of Tokaido is accompanied by forefather of Otsu who entered vassal corps of rear Hojo in Nirayama in the days of the Eiroku era (1558 through 70), and it is thought that we come from that we lived in this ground.
"Topographical record of what the roadside to ask" for (revised edition) was issued in October, 1999 by editing of "history society of Konan".