Ask course of peak from Chapter 2 Hino way
Eight virtues favor temple and the tenement house-type main gate of a Buddhist temple
Enlarged picture (image: 91KB)
It is virtue favor temple (map 2) of the Shingon Buddhism having gate of a tenement house style which is rare in temple that is next to Kasuga Shrine. When jinsei built hall according to the record of Kasuga Shrine who spoke before at the beginning, feudal lord Narumi Fujiwara solicited many temples and enshrined five holy images to be informed as propagating Buddhism Great Teacher, Sozu Eshin, line group, teaching Buddhism Great Teacher, chi*daishi made each here and did with absolute Bo. It is said that Kunika Tairano (tairanokunika) (uncle of Masakado Taira) defended and maintained guardian deity of children in five holy images and is the man himself of current virtue favor temple. Then, we built six Bo such as sea turtle and prospered very much. Sum called "virtue favor temple" of Minister of the Left Toshifusa Minamotono handwriting is given in 1104 (Choji 1), and absolute Bo is informed title of Buddhist temple called virtue favor temple afterward as we called ourselves. However, we are involved in war for Kamakura attack of Yoshisada Nitta with Kasuga Shrine in 1333 (Shokei 2) and we are destroyed by fire and encounter fire of several degrees afterwards. We built current gate of a tenement house style in 1860 (Ansei 7), and the back of reception hall, the chamber (chestnut) rebuilt in 1970.
People who call themselves descendant of attendants of Juro Aramiya Yukiie Minamotono here live when we leave virtue favor temple and sail up for a while along the Hino River branch and turn left at the rabbit bridge and are called connections "Usagitani" (rabbit) (map 3) that we advance for way, and there was scenery such as red-light district appropriate for tradition, but it is now in residential land. Furthermore, we arrive at public grave of former Miyashita-mura among trees which were thick to the left hand when we advance along the Hino River branch. There is takara*into (hokyointou) built in 1641 (Kanei 18) and 1649 (Keian 2) here, and the woman priest's staff Kannon lines up on the side lonelily. We think days of woman of the Edo era filled with trouble to see this and are made feel sad.
"Topographical record of what the roadside to ask" for (revised edition) was issued in October, 1999 by editing of "history society of Konan".