It is the top of this page

Promenade 2-7 of history

Last update date July 13, 2018

Ask course of peak from Chapter 2 Hino way

Seven Kasuga Shrine

Topographical record map
Enlarged picture (image: 91KB)

When we go ahead through Kamakura Highway to more approximately 200 meters south and cross the Hino River branch, there is Kasuga Shrine registered with Yokohama-shi designated cultural assets (map 1). In addition, shrine forest forest (phosphorus which complies if we do) is designated natural monument. There is kosaruto of erection besides torii in 1680 (Enpo 8). Are 50 company and grand one because this age is year of kosaru? In addition, it tells about influence of great famine of the Tenpo era that there is rest-in-peace pagoda of erection in 1841 (Tenpo 12).

When 94 steps climb sudden stone stairway, main shrine of good Toshogu Shrine style is enshrined if it is called "Shinto shrine of sculpture". Narumi Fujiwara who became Musashino feudal lord in 1098 (Jotoku 2) defended and maintained image of a deity of purple crown Zone sword (we do not spread) and, according to the origin of Kasuga Shrine, went down to Musashi. The fathom priest of good conduct capital (neat and clean whirlpool to pitch a camp at) of Kyoto Ninna-ji Temple (ninnaji) carried life extension Bodhisattva statue on its back in 1099 (Kowa 1) and came over to this ground for holy place. jinsei found spring (tin length water (shakujosui)) which emitted the light at night. This spring was the drought (feel) sky, but water did not dry up and was good for all sorts of disease when we drank this. As jinsei lived here and spread teaching, feudal lord Narumi Fujiwara granted former image of a deity to Buddhist priest. jinsei built small shrine (small shrine) in halfway up a mountain of mountain. This is forerunner of Kasuga Shrine, and temple where jinsei lived in as batman is forerunner of virtue favor temple (map 2), absolute (shinnyo) Bo.

Afterwards, it was wound up for battle of the Kamakura Shogunate extinction in 1333 (Shokei 2), and it was baked, and there were the many rise and fall. Current main shrine got help of feudal lord Kuze (kuze) daiwashugenhiromeshi in 1855 (Ansei 2) and meishukonashirimmigieimon became promoter and rebuilt.



"Topographical record of what the roadside to ask" for (revised edition) was issued in October, 1999 by editing of "history society of Konan".

Inquiry to this page

Konan Ward General Affairs Department Ward Administration Promotion Division

Telephone: 045-847-8321

Telephone: 045-847-8321

Fax: 045-846-2483

E-Mail address [email protected]

Return to the previous page

Page ID: 762-152-588

We come back to the top