Chapter 1 Kanazawa way and around forest, Sugita way
From hill of Mikami Ooka to Kashima Shrine
Enlarged picture (image: 71KB)
There is Shinkoji (map 1) of the Mt. Koya-san Shingon Buddhism when we further go ahead through hill of Kamiooka. There is saying "there is no old historic temple narukoto theory", and the open basis, founding are not clear, but it is said that it is old historic temple next to Gumyoji to "forming anew Musashi" in the outset generation. The temple boiled in front of no with character (the location of existing Kamiooka kindergarten) until 1923, but moved to the present location in 1928 as we collapsed by the Great Kanto Earthquake. We built for the later deterioration again in 1971. We will have both ends of roof and give glory to tail with gable-and-hip roof style after Nara Toshodai-ji Temple and present outlook on one of the best temples in the Yokohama city. In addition, there are many stone Buddhist statues including Rokujizo of stone lantern (ishitourou), 1762 of model in the precincts in the Muromachi era. Hill (map 2) of the Four Devas ka valley equal to the mountaintop on from Shinkoji seems to have been used as beacons stand from Makita-jo Castle to bamboo grass Xiacheng and Tamanawa-jo Castle (whether beacon). View from here is magnificent.
Furthermore, kosaruto (map 3) of 1697 and image of Kannon with a human body and a horse head tower of 1798 are built in slope when we go toward Kamiooka Elementary School through the graveyard side. Path to forest national rice field village (morikudemmura, existing Morigaoka) has ever gone here at grove of miscellaneous trees. There is travelers' guardian deity (map 4) when we get off stone stairway in front of the Kamiooka Elementary School front gate, and there is small water-supply system trace of the Taisho era to assume 2, Kamiookahigashi water source on the right hand, and it is still ceaseless, and water springs out.
There is Kashima Shrine (map 5) when we take way to Kanazawa way. When depression blue (usso) of the precincts and tree growing thick have mind of quietness and they pass through torii and climb stone stairway of 51 steps, there is main hall, kagura hall. Solid god of the Grand Earth tower of rare kokuzo is on the left in ward of erection in 1819, and there is megurihaito of 1796 under the stone stairway.
"Topographical record of what the roadside to ask" for (revised edition) was issued in October, 1999 by editing of "history society of Konan".