System for privacy protection
Advancement of information processing advances, and the modern society brings much convenience for civic life, but the risk that privacy is violated increases by personal information collecting in large quantities at the same time and being accumulated, and circulating.
We establish the regulations about protection of Yokohama-shi personal information in February, 2000 to establish protection system of general personal information in Yokohama-shi and, based on these regulations, aim at promotion of reliable municipal administration in peace by city handling personal information appropriately.
Furthermore, "law about protection of personal information" is enforced entirely on April 1, 2005, and the regulations [PDF 394KB] about protection of Yokohama-shi personal information are largely revised, too, and more improvement of personal information protection measure will be planned.
To the enforcement of law, we reviewed definition of "personal information" targeted for the regulations and performed the following revision and expanded system for privacy protection.
- In addition to "person disclosure request" "correction request" "proposal of correction", we add "suspension request" newly
- Setting of personal information consultation counter
- We add authority of self-proposal not to be based on question of city to council for Yokohama-shi personal information protection
- Reinforcement of penal regulations for person handling personal information that city holds
Personal information that 1 regulation intend for
(1) "Personal information" (regulations Article 2 Clause 2)
With "personal information targeted for the regulations," we say thing which it is possible for to distinguish authorized individual by (address, phone number, title) such as other descriptions on full name, the date of birth (person of = world public knows these information with specific personal thing).
In addition, those information corresponds to "personal information" when specific individual is distinguished even if we do not know authorized individual in information of none of nothing by putting some these information and information that generally is announced together.
(2) "Possession personal information" (regulations Article 2 Clause 3)
"Possession personal information" means personal information recorded in administrative document which city holds.
(3) "Personal information file" (regulations Article 2 Clause 4)
"Personal information file" means aggregate of information that we constituted systematically to be able to search specific possession personal information easily.
Protection of personal information that 2 Yokohama-shi deals with
(1) City, company, civic duty
Duty (regulations Article 3) of a city
City takes necessary measures about protection of personal information to achieve purpose of these regulations and must try for protection of personal information through every measure.
Duty (regulations Article 4) of i company (including individual running business)
Company recognizes importance of protection of personal information and acts to take necessary measures about prevention of infringement of personal right profit with the handling of the personal information to hold by oneself and must cooperate with measure of city about protection of personal information.
Duty (regulations Article 5) of citizen of cormorant City
Citizen recognizes importance of protection of personal information and deals with personal information appropriately and must serve not to make any violating right benefit of another person.
(2) Reading (regulations Article 6 Clause 4) of report of office work start to deal with personal information
About office work to deal with personal information that city performs, we announce registration form which listed record item of personal information, range of person of object, purpose of office work in citizen information center.
(3) Identification, clear statement (regulations Article 7, Article 8 Clause 2) of use purpose
When city holds personal information, we identify use purpose as much as possible and hold as far as it is necessary. In addition, as a general rule, we state use purpose clearly to the person when we collect personal information from the person by letter directly.
(4) Limit (regulations Article 8 Clause 1, Clause 3) of collection
When city collects personal information, as a general rule, we collect from the person. In addition, as a general rule, we do not collect personal information that may cause cause of information about thought, creed, religion and social discrimination.
(5) Appropriate management duty (regulations Article 9)
We keep personal information that city holds the correct and latest state and leak and are lost and we come and take necessary measures for loss, prevention of manipulation. We discard immediately, and personal information that was not necessary removes.
(6) Limit (regulations Article 10) of the use, offer out of the purpose
Across use objective range, we use personal information in the inside of city and, as a general rule, do not perform what we contribute outside the city. <>
(7) Limit (regulations Article 12, Article 13) of computer processing
We take measures necessary to protect personal information after having listened to opinion of council for Yokohama-shi personal information protection when city including systematization starts computer processing about personal information newly.
(8) Measures (regulations Article 14) with trust of office work
We take measures necessary to protect personal information after having listened to opinion of council for Yokohama-shi personal information protection when we entrust with office work that city deals with personal information in newly outside.
(9) Reading (regulations Article 19) of personal information file book
We announce personal information file book which listed summary of main personal information file which city holds in citizen's information center.
(10) Participation (regulations Article 20, Article 34, Article 43, Article 50) of the person for possession personal information
Anyone can perform disclosure request, correction request, suspension request, proposal of correction about personal information of self whom city holds.
(11) Penal regulations (regulations 67-71 article) to unjust person who used
When we perform the following act, penal regulations such as penal servitude or fine are applied.
- When the staff (we include after Retirement) of city offers personal information file without sufficient reason and performs offer, misappropriation of possession personal information for the purpose of planning unjust profit
- When the staff of city abuses the official authority and collects information to belong to personal secret regardless of duties
- When members such as the council which the mayor, deputy mayor, government enterprise manager, administrative committee committee, city set up express matter belonging to personal secret that we were able to know in duties
- When workers such as company engaging in office work to deal with personal information of city, designated manager, NPO offer personal information file without sufficient reason, and offer, misappropriation does possession personal information for the purpose of planning unjust profit
- When, by unjust means, we receive disclosure of personal information by person disclosure request (correctional fine)
Council for 3 personal information protection, third party evaluation Committee about personal information protection
We install the Yokohama-shi personal information protection council to organize in study man of intelligence, committee within ten including lawyer as affiliated organization of city and perform the deliberation about the handling of personal information with engine of city.
In addition, we set up third party evaluation Committee about Yokohama-shi personal information protection as sectional meeting of the council and perform investigations about the handling situation of personal information in engine of city practically.