- Top menu|Search
Civic Affairs Bureau

Notice of the change of address (transference from foreign territory)

■It is procedure when we moved from foreign territory to each ward in Yokohama-shi.
■We accept in ward office Family Registry Division Registration Section of ward of the new address.
 (we cannot file in city hall, service counter in the city hall)

<handling time at ward office>
 ■ Reception desk at Family Registry Division Registration Section window
  From Monday to Friday from 8:45 to 17:00   Second fourth Saturday from 9:00 to 12:00

<instructions in case of report>
 ■ When confirmation of resident certificate cord with inquiry and the nationwide resident-registry network and personal number (my number) is necessary for other cities and other engines, therefore, we handle partly, and there may not be. 

◎Do you report addresses definitely?

 ◎Report, inquiry: Each ward office Family Registry Division
    We cannot file in city hall, service counter in the city hall.

●Person who moved from foreign territory
●The person
●Family nurturer or same household
 One where household is divided into even if he/she lives in equivalence address becomes handling same as proxy/agent.
●Proxy/agent (proxy is necessary)
Notification period
●From day when have begun to live in new address less than 14 days (cannot send before moving)
  • When the 14th day is closed days of ward office, open agency day, the following day is the last day of notification period.
●Ward office Family Registry Division of ward of new address
Necessary thing
[person having Japanese nationality]
Passport (passport for all the people moving into is necessary.)
All the family register matter proof (certified copy) and copying of tag of family register
  • One with permanent domicile is not necessary in Yokohama-shi.
[foreign inhabitants]
Residence card or special permanent resident certificate (certificate of alien registration before July, 2012)
  • When residence card is not issued at airport, take passport which it was written that we issue residence card later. 
  • Because one where short stay and residence periods less than three months were decided is not targeted for application of the Law of the Basic Resident Registers, there is not resident registration. (please confirm this in detail)

Documents which identify relation

  • ※Documents identifying family relations as foreign family nurturer in the case of member of foreign household are necessary. (we attach translated text which clarified translator in the case of foreign language)
●Identity verification documents (please see this in detail) of one that came to window 
●When proxy/agent is reported, proxy is necessary. ●Seal (it may become necessary for procedure except notice of the change of address)
Notice card of my number system or my number card (personal number card)…Only as for the person you have
 (it becomes necessary for procedure about my number (individual number))

■Procedure of my number system accompanied with transference from foreign territory look at the next page in addition.