- Top menu|Search
City of yokohama
naka word
japanese chinese hangeul easy-ja

 Living Information 


Now handing out "information sets" aimed at foreign residents!

Foreign nationals account for around 11% of the population of Naka Ward, and every day many people from overseas arrive at the Ward Office to undertake moving-in procedures. These sets are designed to provide foreign nationals with all the information they need in their own languages as we welcome them into the Naka Ward community. The sets, which contain the minimum necessary information on life in Naka Ward that all foreign nationals moving into the community should be aware of, are currently available in the following languages: English, Chinese (simplified), Korean and Vietnamese.
Inside, you will find a variety of useful information, including information on disaster prevention, rules on how to take out the trash, a list of Japanese language schools, and a map of the ward.
To pick up one of these sets, please visit the Koseki-ka (Family Registry Division) on the 2nd floor of Naka Ward Office, or Naka International Lounge (1st floor of Naka Ward Office Annex).

<Naka Ward Office Kuseisuisin-ka (Ward Administration Promotion Division) Tel 045-224-8123>

Free Telephone Counseling in 5 languages

Kanagawa Administrative Lawyers (Gyoseisyoshi) Association offers free counseling by Administrative Lawyers on Residence Status including Permanent Status, Naturalization etc. and its proceedings in five languages. Your private information is kept strictly confidential. Please do not hesitate to call! 

Time: From 13:30 to 16:30 (Free)  Tel: 045-227-5560

[Bring Families, Change/Renewal of Resident Status, Permanent Resident Status, Naturalization, Marriage to an Alien/Divorce etc, Formation of Corporation]

Japanese: Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
English: Every Wednesday
Chinese: Every Friday
Spanish, Portuguese: 4th Friday

※Individual counseling under contract with an Administrative Lawyer (Gyoseisyoshi) will be charged.

Get vaccination and antibody testing for fūshin (rubella)

If a pregnant woman is infected with rubella, it can lead to the baby being born with defects in its eyes, ears, and heart. Women who are planning pregnancy should receive a rubella shot together with their partner. Antibody tests can be received once for free.

 Subject: Women planning pregnancy and their partners and partners of pregnant women, as well as women who are over 19 years of age and who have not received a measles-rubella vaccine or rubella vaccine more than twice.

 Fee: 3,300 yen (measles-rubella vaccine)

<Naka Ward Office Fukushi Hoken-ka (Health and Welfare Division) Tel 045-224-8332>


Has Your Baby Taken the Infant Health Checkup?

This checkup is important for confirming that your child is reaching his or her development milestones. It also offers a chance to consult about childraising.
If you need interpretation, please call YOKE (045-222-1209).

● Checkup categories:

measurement of height and weight, confirmation of development milestones by a doctor. At the 18-month and three-year checkup, a dental check is also given. The checkup takes 60 to 90 minutes in total

● Ages: Checkups are given at four months,
18 months and three years of age. The checkup date is determined by your child' s birthdate.
When the checkup period approaches, a guide will be sent in English or Chinese based on nationality. Please come to the Naka Ward Kenshin/Yobo Sesshu (Health Checkup and Immunization) Center on the indicated day (from May, the center will be located in the Naka Ward Office Annex.)

If you cannot bring your child on the indicated day, please contact the Kodomo Katei Shien-ka.

<Children and Families Support Division at the Naka Ward Office Tel: 045-224-8171>


 Get Your Child Vaccinated

Free vaccinations, including Hib, pediatric pneumococcus, DPT-IPV (called yonshu-kongo in Japan), BCG, MR, Japanese encephalitis, DT, HepatitisB, Chickenpox and others are available at cooperating medical institutions.
A vaccination coupon will be sent out for children at the eligible age, except for the second-stage Japanese encephalitis vaccinations.
If you are a new resident of Naka Ward or lost the coupon, please contact the officers below.

<Naka Ward Office, Kenko Tsukuri Kakari, Tel: 045-224-8332>


We can not tell when the great earthquake occurs. Let's make preparation for it from usually to protect yourself and your family.

● Have at least three days' worth of drinking waterand food ready

Drinking water
(3 liters per personper day)

(crackers, cannedfood and other items that don't require cooking
Emergency toilet set(containing coagulant,disposal bags, etc. Sold athome centers.)

● Place important items in a backpack and leave it in an easily accessible location Include things such as a flashlight (don't forget extra batteries), a portable AM/FM radio, drinking water, food, a copy of your Residence Card.

● Secure furniture to prevent it from tipping over Many people have diedafter being trapped by furniture that tipped over.

● Know where to evacuate
For life-threatening fires → Evacuation Areas Designated areas in the Naka Ward area: Honmoku Sancho Park, Negishi Shinrin Park, Minato no Mieru Oka Park, Momijigaoka neighborhood, Nogeyama Park.

When your home has collapsed or burned → Evacuation Shelter
Each area has a designated evacuation center. Confirm where the
evacuation center is with a neighbor. Evacuation centers hold an
annual evacuation drill. Join the drill and get to know the people in
your neighborhood so you'll know what to do.

<Naka Ward Office, Soumuka, Counter 61 (sixth floor) Tel: 045-224-8112>




©2009 City of Yokohama. All rights reserved.