■About approach for world heritage registration of "Kamakura"
In Yokohama-shi, we promote world heritage registration of "Kamakura" in cooperation with four prefectures of relations City of Kanagawa and Kamakura-shi, Zushi-shi.
Registration candidate inheritance is comprised of designation name temple and choinasetsutsu, Nagoshi Kiridoshi, historic spot and natural beauty spot, important cultural property, national treasure of country designation including Yokohama-shi, Zushi-shi including Waga Ejima mainly on Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu and Kencho-ji Temple, Enkaku-ji Temple, cultural assets of Kamakura-shi including Kamakura great statue of Buddha.
□ Candidate inheritance of Yokohama-shi
Candidate inheritance of Yokohama-shi is country designated historic spot designation name temple precincts and two cases of kokuyubiteishiatochoinasetsutsu.
□ Past approach
"Temple, Shinto shrine others of ancient city Kamakura" are listed in provisional list of UNESCO in 1992.
Kamakura-shi and Kanagawa set up "world heritage registration examination liaison conference" in 1998.
"Kamakura-shi historical heritage Exploratory Committee" (February, 14 setting) assumed basic concept for registration "ancient city, Kamakura of samurai family" in 2004.
Yokohama-shi decided to participate in world heritage registration business in 2006.
Kanagawa, Yokohama-shi, Kamakura-shi, Zushi-shi world heritage registration promotion meeting (composed of each chief, superintendent of education) started in 2007, and preparations for recommendation book original bill making were started.
International seminar was held in the first in 2008 (21, the second conferencing)
City requested Agency for Cultural Affairs for early recommendation in four prefectures of 2009, and we got cooperation of Agency for Cultural Affairs, and "ancient city, Kamakura of samurai family" World Heritage List mention recommendation book making committee was installed.
The third and the fourth international seminar were held in 2010.
World heritage registration recommendation of "ancient city, Kamakura of samurai family" was decided in deliberation of council for culture cultural assets subcommittee and world heritage treaty relevant ministries and agencies Liaison Conference in 2011 (September).
We submit recommendation book (official version) to UNESCO world heritage center (January, 2012)
We establish homepage in cooperation with Kanagawa, Kamakura-shi, Zushi-shi in 2012 (April)
Field work (September) by ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites)
□ ICOMOS advice
On April 30, 2013, examination result (ICOMOS advice) by ICOMOS was announced, and "non-mention" (registration impossibility) was urged.
We decided policy of four prefectures of cities (Kanagawa, Yokohama-shi, Kamakura-shi and Zushi-shi) which withdrew recommendation of world heritage on May 27, 2013.
On June 4, 2013, recommendation withdrawal was decided formally as the government by discussion by relevant ministries and agencies.
We cooperate sequentially in four prefectures of cities and cooperate and, for realization of re-recommendation, will push forward approach in future.
□ Four prefectures of city world heritage registration promotion committee sponsorship lectures
* We held "... towards lecture historic inheritance and town with town development - world heritage which lived together in the future".
★For details, please see page of four prefectures of lectures hosted by city.
* Lecture by Seiichi Kondo
On July 10, 2013, lecture by former Commissioner of the Agency for Cultural Affairs Seiichi Kondo was held in Kamakura-shi and had story on theme called "Kamakura in the future".
Lecture record (Portable Document Format 260KB)
□ Four prefectures of city world heritage registration promotion committee sponsorship continuation courses
"Thing ... (interim report) that we saw from cultural assets of Kamakura, value and attractive - comparative study"
We carry out underlying research mainly on comparative study from 2014 to dig into value of "Kamakura" after non-mention advice by ICOMOS of "ancient city, Kamakura of samurai family", the recommendation withdrawal again in Kanagawa, Yokohama-shi, Kamakura-shi, four prefectures of cities of Zushi-shi, and to confirm. We make about the result as consecutive courses.
* The first first actually observed Zen Buddhism temple or garden in the Kencho-ji Temple precincts under the theme of "Zen Buddhism temple which began in Kamakura" and reported comparative study result with home and abroad resemblance assets afterwards while using slides in okyodo.
★For details, please see page of the continuation course first.
* It was practical, and the second second explained Zen Buddhism-like architecture under the theme of "establishment and development of Zen Buddhism-like building" in the Enkaku-ji Temple precincts and reported comparative study result with home and abroad resemblance assets afterwards while using slides in large drawing room.
★For details, please see page of the continuation course second.
* The third third commented on great statue of Buddha practically in the Kotokuin precincts under the theme of "way where Great Buddha came" to and reported comparative study result with home and abroad resemblance assets afterwards while using slides in reception hall.
★For details, please see page of the continuation course third.
* The fourth fourth actually observed tower under the theme of "expanse of tower" in kiyomekomeijikyonai and reported comparative study result with home and abroad resemblance assets afterwards while using slides in reception hall.
★For details, please see page of the continuation course fourth.
* The fifth fifth around "... Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu about Shinto shrine of Kamakura, under the theme of ...," explained the appearance such as Hongu or dancing floor practically in the Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu precincts, and moved to Kamakura junior high school attached to Yokohama National University, and reported comparative study result with country resemblance assets afterwards while using slides.
★For details, please see page of the continuation course fifth.
* We held briefing session "cultural assets ... value and charm ... of Kamakura".
2014 reported comparative study result that we carried out and we invited person concerned with shrines and temples or person of domestic learning and held panel discussion.
★For details, please see page of four prefectures of briefing sessions hosted by city.
* Consecutive course special episodes hold "we investigate the yakurano origin".
We report contents of comparative study that we carried out in 2017 and carry out lecture to explain the actual situation of tower widely. At the same time, we perform presentation of the results of the study about Kamakura by high school student.
★For details, please see page of consecutive course special episodes.